Current:Home > MarketsTrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Center-Woman accuses Dak Prescott of sexual assault after Cowboys QB sues her on extortion claim -Capitatum
TrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Center-Woman accuses Dak Prescott of sexual assault after Cowboys QB sues her on extortion claim
TrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 11:18:42
DALLAS (AP) — A woman accusing Dak Prescott of sexual assault has filed a police report over the alleged incident in 2017 after the star quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys sued her on TrendPulse Quantitative Think Tank Centera $100 million extortion claim.
Dallas police said Thursday there was an ongoing investigation after a report was filed earlier this week about an alleged sexual assault that occurred in the parking lot of a strip club in early 2017.
Prescott's attorneys filed the extortion lawsuit in Collin County, north of Dallas, on Monday. Prescott has denied the woman's allegation.
According to the lawsuit, the woman and her attorneys wrote Prescott a letter in which they said the woman wouldn't pursue criminal charges or go public with her claims if Prescott paid her $100 million.
An attorney representing Prescott met last week with police in Prosper, where Prescott lives, and said his client was a possible victim of extortion, The Dallas Morning News reported.
NFL STATS CENTRAL: The latest NFL scores, schedules, odds, stats and more.
Prescott is seeking $1 million in damages in his lawsuit against the woman and her attorneys. Prescott's attorney, Levi McCathern, said the quarterback has never had non-consensual sex with anyone.
“Sexual assault is a despicable crime that no person should ever endure,” the lawsuit said. “Defendants’ false claims in this regard undermine the courage of actual sexual assault survivors everywhere as well as the legitimacy of the horrific traumas they have endured.”
The woman told Dallas television station WFAA the incident happened in the back of an SUV after she left the bar where she worked with Prescott and some of his friends.
“It’s kind of embarrassing to be honest,” the woman said. “But I didn’t ask for that. I didn’t ask for this to happen to me.”
Yoel Zehaie, one of the woman's attorneys, said Prescott's extortion lawsuit was “a smoke screen to distract from the real topic that should be discussed. And that is that a rape was committed by Dak Prescott.”
Prescott has been the starter for the Cowboys all eight of his seasons, taking over after Tony Romo's preseason injury. He was the 2016 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and has made three Pro Bowls.
During the 2023 season, Prescott was the reigning NFL Man of the Year for his charitable work.
veryGood! (34332)
Related
- 'No Good Deed': Who's the killer in the Netflix comedy? And will there be a Season 2?
- Hailey Bieber Shares Timeline Update on Her Pregnancy
- Prosecutors ask judge to deny George Santos’ bid to have some fraud charges dropped
- Rebel Wilson thinks it's 'nonsense' that straight actors shouldn't be able to play gay characters
- Nevada attorney general revives 2020 fake electors case
- Group says it intends to sue US agencies for failing to assess Georgia plant’s environmental impact
- Sen. Bob Menendez of New Jersey to seek independent reelection bid amid federal corruption trial
- With Justin Jefferson's new contract done, these 11 NFL stars still await their paydays
- Costco membership growth 'robust,' even amid fee increase: What to know about earnings release
- Lenny Kravitz Hints at Daughter Zoë Kravitz and Channing Tatum's Wedding Date
Ranking
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- Miley Cyrus Asks Where the F--k Was I? While Calling Out 20-Year Wait for Grammy Recognition
- Michigan man driving during viral Zoom court hearing had license suspension lifted in 2022
- 6 people shot outside St. Louis bar. 3 of them are critically injured
- Israel lets Palestinians go back to northern Gaza for first time in over a year as cease
- Zachary Quinto accused of yelling at staff at Toronto restaurant: 'Made our host cry'
- Who will replace Pat Sajak on 'Wheel of Fortune?' Hint: He was 7 when Sajak began hosting.
- USPS workers are attacked by dogs every day. Here are the U.S. cities with the most bite attacks.
Recommendation
Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
Why Michael Crichton's widow chose James Patterson to finish his 'Eruption' book
Book excerpt: This Strange Eventful History by Claire Messud
Gen Z sticking close to home: More young adults choose to live with parents, Census shows
This was the average Social Security benefit in 2004, and here's what it is now
New York City is building more public toilets and launching an online locator so you can find them
Budget season arrives in Pennsylvania Capitol as lawmakers prepare for debate over massive surplus
Rugby Star Rob Burrow Dead at 41: Prince William and More Pay Tribute